薄曇りの日曜、知人を訪ねて住吉に行った。休日昼下がりの混雑する住吉大社の境内を、前に来たのはいつだったか、と思いながら人混みを掻き分け歩いて行くとある社の前に出た。このような本殿とは別に祀られている社を摂社と言うらしいが住吉大社には複数ある。社より立派な門が見えたのでくぐると、神域の外は坂に近い石段であった。下って鳥居の位置から見あげると、両脇から繁茂する木々の枝とその向こうの門が絵になったので、携帯用硯を取り出し墨を擦り筆をとる。ゆっくり擦りさらっと描きたい。が手数は増えていく。
帰宅後、検索するとさまざまな資料が見つかり面白い。この社は大海(だいかい)神社と言い。西門は江戸前期の建築でその本殿や住吉大社本殿より古いらしい。とりわけ興味を惹いたのは等高線を重ねた地図で、ここが上町台地の南端であることがよくわかった。かつて台地の西と南は海で、この坂を下った先は浜でいま阪堺電車の踏切がある辺りは渚だったのろう。南の住吉大社の本殿があるあたりは広い浜のように見えその先も海だったようだ。上町台地は島だったのかと思うが、東側は低いものの我孫子台地に繋がり、そこから泉北の広陵へ続いていたようだ。想像すると生き生きとした景色が頭に広がってきた。鳥居から先、砂浜に打ち寄せる波が見え心地よい音が聞こえる。住吉大社の側は浜はもう少しなだらかに長く続き松林があり、林の向こうに大阪湾に浮かぶ帆掛船が見える。ここは住吉の津だ。
On a cloudy Sunday, I visited my friend at Sumiyoshi, Osaka. There is a big shrine at Sumiyoshi called Sumiyoshi-taisya. Some smaller shrines surround it. I visited one of them on the way. The shrine's gate is more magnificent than the shrine itself. There is a stone-paved slope outside of the gate.
I went down the slope and turned around. I painted this ink wash sketch there.
After I went back home, I searched for the shrine and found some interesting results. This shrine is called Daikai-jinja, which translates to big sea shrine. Its gate is older than the shrine itself and Sumiyoshi-taisya. However, more intriguing results are contour maps of some ages. There is Sumiyoshi-taisya at the south end of the plateau. The north end is Osaka Castle. The west side of this plateau is the sea. There might be a beach at the bottom of the stone-paved slope. An imagined scenery unfolds in my head. I can hear the gentle waves lapping at the beach. A wider beach spreads in front of the Sumiyoshi-taisya. Pine groves line the area, and I can see sailing boats gliding in the distance.

0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿